GED PREPARATION COURSE
The General Educational Development (GED) preparation course prepares students to take the GED test in order to receive the equivalent of a high school diploma by earning a GED certificate. This course is designed for students who do not have a high school diploma, students preparing for the GED test, students who already have English proficiency, and to ALA students who are in Level 3 or higher.
Students receive preparation in all areas of assessment on the test which include Math, English, Science, and Social Studies. ALA offers an ESL component in addition to the four academic areas. We provide the preparation needed for students to pass the GED test. In order to receive a GED certificate the student must successfully pass the GED test.
Within the course students will have access to GED preparation materials and practice exam questions so that students know precisely what their strengths and weaknesses are in order to find the best course of study. In addition, this course helps students improve their Math, English, Science, and Social Studies skills in combination with listening, speaking, writing and/or reading skills in order to successfully pass the GED test.
Method of Instruction: On Campus or Online
Prerequisites: must have the following:
- Completion of primary and intermediate school (K-8th grade)
- English Proficiency or Completion of ALA Level 3 or higher
- Category: Test Preparation
- Est. Completion Date: 9-12 weeks from the start of the course
- Duration per GED-12 course: 15 weeks per section/12 hours per week
- Duration per GED-20 course: 9 weeks per section/20 hours per week
- Total number of units: 1 level (units)
- Enrollment: Open enrollment throughout the session
- Course Schedule: Morning and Evening hours available upon request